Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A-nimal rights

According to Wikipedia, animal rights, also referred to as animal liberation, is the idea that the most basic interests of non-human animals should be afforded the same consideration as the similar interests of human beings. (to read more, click here).

I myself am an animal lover. And in my opinion, animals should be treated with respect just as humans. We have no right to kill them. In fact, we have no right to bother them. We think that they're getting in the way of what we're trying to do, but the thing is, we are actually the ones getting in the way of what they're trying to do.

Animals behave in a natural way and have been doing so ever since.. well as far as I know ever since the beginning of time. Humans like us - except if you're an animal whose brain has been altered by some random scientist and is capable of reading blogs - on the other hand, have changed our behavior from time to time. We.. how do I say it? Modernize? Yeah, something like that.

I think it's a good thing that we've modernized, but every good thing has a bad side, and the bad side is that since now most people live away from nature and therefore away from most animals, they tend to forget about them. Well according to Charles Darwin's theory of evolution - I don't care if you believe in it or not - animals were here first. So I say we should respect them. Stop bothering the lives of animals. Let them live their in their own natural way. Start to care about them a little more.

Last but not least, since I'm a Tokio Hotel fan, I had to put this:


For more information on how you can help defend animal rights, visit the PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) website here. Please do. I would really appreciate it if you did.

-diralien-

No comments:

Post a Comment